Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!


Today is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary! It is such a wonderful blessing to have had a godly example of what marriage should be my entire life. It is something that I do NOT take for granted. I wanted to make something special for them to commemorate this day. After much brainstorming, I created framed embroidered scriptures to go in the master bedroom of their new house!
I picked Proverbs 20:7 for Dad and parts of Proverbs 31:28 and 30 for Mom. I thought they complimented each other perfectly! I used Embird Alphabet #22 for the text. The Elegant Scroll Border is from Embroidery Library. (Click on each image to get a bigger, clearer view.)
 
I stitched each scripture onto muslin, and used a decorative stitch to applique it onto the paisley material. Then I mounted it over batting on cardboard and put it in a wooden frame.

Don't they look perfect in the room?!?
 It was a team effort to get these to match without me asking directly. My siblings did some sleuthing for me since I failed to take any pictures of their beautiful home when I was there in March -- it was a little crazy. :) Thankfully it all came together beautifully!

2 comments on "Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!"

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! They are absolutely beautiful! Very creative!

Tiffany on April 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM said...

Wonderful gifts!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates