Thursday, April 26, 2012

April Monogramming


April has been a busy month for my family, so I haven't done as much sewing as usual. On my to do list still are  these cute lion and giraffe designs from MCA Applique. But those will unfortunately have to wait until next week -- in laws are arriving today and I'm busy cooking and cleaning! So just try to visualize what they will look like on lime green shirts for my kids, fall in love, and trot on over to MCA's new site and shop for your own embroidery machine while her designs are 75% off! :)

I still have a couple big orders to share, I just haven't made time to sit down and blog about them. But I'll quickly share a few random monogramming projects from the month. First, some new hand towels for my kids. The ones I made them nearly two years ago are grungy. Ick, they needed something new before grandma and grandpa get here. :)
Sometimes I get really irritated with myself for giving my kids such LONG names. It took me quite a while to pick the perfect font -- a nice bold fill stitch for towels, 2" tall, yet not so wide that it wouldn't fit on a towel. AND I wanted something gender neutral in a font that my three year old can read. One Pice from 8 Claws and a Paw was perfect!
Brittany got a good deal on these two items (one from Zulily, one from a consignment sale) and she asked me to monogram them.
I used the Empire font from Embroidery Arts:
And finally a few key chains for Ginny to give as gifts. I used Embird Alphabet #7 for these.
Ok, back to the kitchen!

1 comments on "April Monogramming"

Tiffany on April 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM said...

GREAT fonts for the towels! I have a feeling you're going to be getting a lot of requests for that in the future.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates