Friday, September 21, 2012

Falling FALL


I repinned something on Pinterest two days ago and actually made my "inspired by" project already!! It helps that it was a quick easy project. :)
This image popped up in my feed, and even though it's from a blog post about creating a pumpkin topiary for the front porch, I was drawn to the descending dangling letters hanging on the door in the background. I immediately thought of Hang To Dry's Frayed Block Letters and my living room shelf (which I bought for Christmas stockings, but most of the year it has hearts hanging on it). I unpacked my favorite fall decor to pick fabrics to match, and got to work!
Instead of using a pair of button holes and stringing the letters together (like in my name banners), I put both ends of a strip of fabric through one button hole and hung them on hooks.
The frayed block letters are a perfect pairing with the items my friend Cherri makes using old quilts. I LOVE her stuff and enjoy adding something new to my collection each fall. You can find Cherri's Cherrishables on Facebook and Ebay. Local friends -- she has a booth at Market Days! Aren't these precious?? I'll put the turkey and pilgrims away until November, but wanted to show them off to you. :)


1 comments on "Falling FALL"

Sabrina on September 23, 2012 at 3:05 PM said...

Cute! I'm in the process of getting some burlap Christmas stockings for my apartment. Tis the season...almost;)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates