Sunday, October 7, 2012

Baby Shower Gift


Last time I blogged about a baby shower gift it was for an unnamed little boy. Well yesterday I went to a baby shower for a couple that is waiting until birth to find out the gender of their little one! I find gender neutral gifts to be a bit challenging, but I embraced it as an opportunity to use this great design for the first time:
The Fearfully and Wonderfully Made design is from The Itch 2 Stitch.
I picked Mimi Elaine's brain for ideas for the burp cloth. She forwarded me a picture of the crib quilt that the mommy had made from a fabric panel:
So I flew on over to my owl pinboard to see if a design already existed that would be a close match. I decided to merge a couple together: I used Embroidery Boutique's Owl Branch design, but merged the wings and feet from Applique Market's Owl design. I think it will work for a boy or a girl, right?  I love the personal challenge of making something to coordinate!

1 comments on "Baby Shower Gift"

Tiffany on December 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM said...

What a beautiful scripture to include on a onesie

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates