Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Signs of Fall


According to the calendar, fall is here! Although honestly, the recent Florida heat is making it hard to believe. I have to rely on requested projects to help me know what season it is. :)
Primary sign of fall? PUMPKINS! I've stitched a variety recently:
This pumpkin is from Applique Cafe. I have admired it for three years I think, and FINALLY used it. I love how it turned out with the chevron. :)  I added Cadence's name with the Dancer font from 8 Claws and a Paw.
Riley is going to be the Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch!
This design is from Planet Applique:
Maggie bought this adorable blank dress that desperately needed an applique design on it:
The pumpkin is from Planet Applique and I added the G using Embird alphabet #17.
Isn't it neat how different each of the pumpkin designs turned out depending on fabric selection and style of design?
Another sign of fall around here for us is spiders -- MAN we have spiderwebs all over the place, a new one forms from my car door to the fence every night!
If I ever saw a cute spider, this is it, Lynnie Pinnie's Cute Girly Spider. The jagged satin stitch is such a clever design element to make the spider look fuzzy. I added Graysie's name with 8CP's Dorthy.
And you know Thanksgiving is coming when you start stitching turkeys!!
The Baby Turkey Girl applique is from Lynnie Pinnie. This is actually Cadence's second Thanksgiving, so I couldn't use the text "My First Gobble". Instead we changed it to Lil Gobble.


2 comments on "Signs of Fall"

Daisha on October 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM said...

that is the cutest little turkey I've ever seen!

jazzo on October 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM said...

Love all of your pumpkin fabrics and the spider is cute too. LOVE the turkey and the glorious feathers.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates