Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Newest Owl in our family


Oh dear, the time has come. Kindergarten Orientation was today!!! ACK!

When I told Dashiell about the upcoming meeting I asked if he wanted anything special to wear and he said, "Yes! An owl shirt!" (our school mascot if you are a new blog reader.) Silently inside I shouted, "YES!" because I have had one picked out, purchased, and sitting in my design stash waiting for this day. I used Pick & Stitch's Bean Stitch Boy Owl design.
 I love the look of her bean stitch design, hoping this style will extend the life of Dashiell wearing applique shirts.
When I showed Dashiell the design, he was concerned about the eyes being different sizes. I did NOT want him to refuse this owl, so I told him "the owl is making this face and saying, 'what's kindergarten all about?'" Then he was totally on board. :) He helped me pick fabrics from my brown and turquoise stash, and then I got to work.
Here he is, saying, "What's Kindergarten all about?!" This is the one and only snap he let me take before leaving.
Whoooooo's ready for kindergarten?! Well this boy is. Not so sure about momma though...

1 comments on "The Newest Owl in our family"

Unknown on May 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM said...

Love your posts. Always make me smile.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates