Sunday, April 14, 2013

Monogrammed Totes


My daughter had a little gathering with four of her dear friends today to celebrate her birthday, and as a party favor I monogrammed these totes (they will be perfect for trips to the pool in a couple of months!)
I used the Corinthia Script from Katelyn's Kreative Stitches. I had purchased it when it was briefly available back in 2010, but now it's back with additional sizes! When I redownloaded the files I felt like my investment had doubled in value! I used the 3" size for the initial and 1.5" size for the names. I used hot pink on the lime totes, and aqua on the red totes.
 
I'm looking forward to using this font more!

3 comments on "Monogrammed Totes"

dagmar.eu on April 15, 2013 at 3:08 AM said...

Great looking totes and so worth doing. The girls will remember you for years to come. I used to make small bags or pencilcases as party favours for my girls eons ago and one mum told me that her daughter thought it was so nice to get something she could use instead of lots of sweets. I couldn't believe my own ears
Love your blog!
Maga

Michelle on April 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM said...

Did you use a regular needle for the bags? I have some canvas bags that I was thinking about doing an appliqué on and wondered if I needed a different needle and possibly different stabilizer.

Janay on April 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM said...

Michelle, honestly I use the same needle (75/11 sharp) for everything. I know you are supposed to use ballpoints on knits, but I never do, and have never (in six years) had a sharp needle create holes in my shirts. So I may not be the best person to ask about needle recommendations. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates