Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Trip to the Fire Station!


Our playgroup visited the fire station today:
and I used it as an excuse to purchase and stitchout a new applique design! :)
This actually is the first fire truck design I've used. I've never had a request or need, but I've always been on the lookout for a good SIMPLE one to have on standby. When I saw this design I thought, "This is it!" Isn't it cute?
The Fire Truck design is from Happytown Embroidery. I've had the pleasure of getting to know Lori through forums and groups. She does beautiful applique work and has recently started selling her own designs! There are lots in her shop that I'm admiring, check it out! I really liked the fill stitch pattern used in the bumpers and tires, it adds extra texture.
I added Dashiell's name with 8CP's Burst. Nice font with tall/thin letters so I could fit an 8-letter name in that space. :) I debated for a while what color to use for his name. I really like aqua and red together, so I picked that. And look what accent color is on our firetrucks in town!
We had lots of fun today, look at the delight in this little face :)

0 comments on "Trip to the Fire Station!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates