Saturday, April 13, 2013

In-The-Hoop Bib and Burp Cloth!


Earlier in the week I shared a big gift set I made for Caden, but none of those items were from *me*. After two onesies (plus a gift certificate for another), two shirts for big brother, three burp cloths and a bib, I was running out of ideas for my shower gift. Then in walked Carolynn of Zippy DesignZ to save the day!
Have you seen her new Peeker Bibs and Peeker Burp Cloths? Go take a peek, they are cute!
Well, unbeknownst to me, in her ShowNTell directions she referenced my blog post about using confetti dot material, and as a thank you sent me these new designs! I was so excited to try in the hoop bibs/burp cloths for the first time, and the timing was PERFECT. Thank you Carolynn!! (Boy, sometimes when you least expect it, it pays off to blog!)
Now, because I was very short on time and this was my first attempt, I took the easy route... I actually didn't stitch the peeker, just the Rik Rak, and added Caden's name with 8CP's Nicole. I used cotton on the front (love that sports ball fabric) and a hand towel on the back.
I like how they turned out. It challenged me to finally open my SnapSetter, wow using that was easy peasy, I'm not sure why I hadn't tried it before!
 My largest hoop is 6x10, so these are kind of small. (Now I have hoop envy!) But I anticipate the bib being the perfect size for a newborn. Lots of the mommies at the baby shower thought the size of the burp cloth was handy (or would make a good lovey if I used Minky on the back!) I'm anxious for Caden arrive and get some feedback from his mommy. :)

3 comments on "In-The-Hoop Bib and Burp Cloth!"

gardentilly on April 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM said...

I hope you can help me, my hoop size is 6x10 and my sewing machine is a viking SE. Do you think I can use these designs with my hoop? I wrote and asked but haven't received a message from Digi stitches. Thanks for the help.

gardentilly on April 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM said...

Silly me, I put the wrong company in, I meant Zippy Designs.

Janay on April 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM said...

Do you know your hoop size in mm? That's how I check to see if a design will truly fit.
Zippy's burp cloth is 157.90mm x 259.00mm and the bib is 157.80mm x 258.80mm

According to the info here, your 6x10 hoop is 240x150mm, so it looks like it would NOT fit. Assuming this is the right machine.
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/viking-v-designer-sd-le.php

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates