Monday, September 22, 2008

Belated Baby Gifts


Two of my cousins each had a baby boy amidst my morning sickness and moving. I'm just now getting around to stitching a few items for them as baby gifts.
Since these boys aren't really newborns anymore, and I have no idea what size they are, I decided to stitch the Special Delivery design for each of them on a small bib.


What I think is really neat in comparing the two is seeing how this design can accommodate long names. Jeremy's full name has 3 more letters than Hunter's, and check out the cities! There's a huge difference between "Oklahoma City" and "Pratt"!


Then I also did a burp cloth for each of them. My cousin Shane enjoys hunting, so I did a stacked monogram with camo material and ribbon. The applique H is from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet. I added Hunter with the Cooper font from 8 Claws and a Paw (I think...).

My cousin Jena picked a vehicle theme with a crimson, navy and denim color scheme, so I picked an applique dump truck design (Things That Go Applique set from Designs by JuJu). I added his name with Embird Alphabet #8.

2 comments on "Belated Baby Gifts"

LT on September 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM said...

I love the work you do and the ideas you come up with!! Great job...and I know Jena will love the bib! Has she seen your designs online??

Janay on September 23, 2008 at 2:03 PM said...

I'm not sure if Jena's been to my blog before or not... just hoping the package arrived safely! :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates