Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kathy!


Today is Kathy's birthday, so instead of purchasing a card for our family to sign, I made one!

The "Happy Birthday" redwork design is from Designs Sew Fine. I stitched it with variegated thread on fabric. Then I attached that fabric to card stock (by stitching around the rectangle) and frayed the edges. It's a nice unique card that no one else in the world will send her! :)

2 comments on "Happy Birthday, Kathy!"

Beth on September 10, 2008 at 10:15 PM said...

And yet again...unique!

I have a Question when embroidering on onesies fabric, do you use a needle for strech knit?

Janay on September 10, 2008 at 10:27 PM said...

regarding needles...

When my MIL gave me the embroidery machine, she also supplied me well with stabilizers, needles, etc. So for about a year I used regular embroidery needles exclusively on all my projects.

A couple months ago when I was ordering some thread I picked up a package of ball-point needles recommended for small lettering. I've begun to use those on the "special delivery" onesies and have noticed that they stitched out slightly better.

When I have more disposable income, I'll invest in an array of needles and do a better job using what I'm supposed to for the different types of fabric. But so far I have been very fortunate to have things stitch well with just the standard sharp embroidery needle. I think my machine has only eaten one knit item, and that was user error. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates