Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hudson!


Little Hudson also turns one today. When I asked his mommy if she had any requests, she mentioned wanting a travel pillow with a personalized pillowcase. I went on a quick hunt for a pillow and case... the two places I stopped were out (of course), so I bought a pillow form and headed home to make my own case! I knew I had great sports fabric in my stash, and thankfully I had enough coordinating fabrics to complete the pillowcase.

I embroidered his name using the Wiggles Alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw.

To construct the pillowcase, I sort of followed the fantastic directions given on Crafty Chic. Obviously I had to make adjustments since this pillow is only 12"x16" instead of a standard size. This was my first pillowcase, and first time doing french seams. Overall I'm pretty pleased!

3 comments on "Happy Birthday, Hudson!"

The Mosier Family on September 9, 2008 at 9:17 PM said...

We all love the pillow, and I know Hudson will enjoy using it through the years! Thanks again for another special gift!
Kristen

Beth on September 10, 2008 at 1:19 PM said...

Hello, My name is beth and I love to embroider too! You do so many nice things and you inspire my creativity! I like to check in with your blog to see the next project, and I think it's great that you tell where you get all your designs, that helps a newbie like me!
Thanks, beth

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) on September 14, 2008 at 7:11 AM said...

Great pillowcase! I love making pillowcases for the kids with their names on them. Now I need to try out the french seams, thanks for the link :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates