Thursday, December 30, 2010

Custom Grandparent gifts


Early in the fall Kelli contacted me about making gifts for their parents. She had a vision, and it was fun trying to make that a reality. The designs on these bags took a while to create, but I learned something new about my Embird Studio software and it was worth it!
This bag is for Grandma Debby:
I used Five Star Font's Deco Heart Applique as my starting point. The design is actually a double heart.  I used the outside heart as my baseline for the text, and only appliqued the inside heart. I used Embird alphabet #38 to add the names and birth dates of her four grandchildren.
Grandmother Pansy (aka Oma) got this bag:

For Grandfather Lyle (aka Opa) Kelli wanted a shirt similar to the two I made around Father's Day. Thankfully she did the hard part ahead of time... she looked at all the Stick Figure Faces from Embroidery Library and picked which ones best represented Opa's grandkids. I used Embird Alphabet #8 to add "Opa's Pit Crew" and the names of the kids.

2 comments on "Custom Grandparent gifts"

Anonymous said...

Great job, Janay! So creative! I love these!

Debra on December 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM said...

Grandma Debby here. I LOVE my bag!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates