Friday, December 17, 2010

Teacher Gifts 2010


This year I made Nameflake ornaments for all of Annaliese's teachers (classroom teacher, principals, librarian and special area teachers). Right at the end of the season I found this pretty sparkly silver and red ribbon, so I chose red thread for this set. I create these myself using Embird alphabet #38.
I love how unique each one is!





I have been volunteering at our church's preschool on Tuesdays, and while I help the teachers, Dashiell is in Ms. Martha's class.  He loves it and adores her! She just had to have a special Christmas gift:
While I would have loved to make one for all the rest of the teachers, I just didn't have the time! So I gave a snowman ornament to the other four wonderful women who are there on Tuesdays. The design is from Lynnie Pinnie

 While I'm sharing teachers gifts... Valerie requested a couple name flake ornaments for her girls to give their classroom teachers. These use the silver ribbon and thread that I used last year (as well as 11 other new ornaments I can't post until after Christmas. Whew, I've made a ton of these over the last 6 weeks!)


These turned out really pretty. We weren't sure if an 11-letter name would work, but it did!  


4 comments on "Teacher Gifts 2010"

Tracy on December 17, 2010 at 10:49 PM said...

the most gorgeous thing I've seen all season!

Daisha on December 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM said...

I love the name snowflake ornaments. They are so clever!

Pam on December 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM said...

Love these - what kind of fabric are they on? It looks like it has sparkle in it.

Janay on December 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM said...

Thanks girls!
Pam, it is sparkly cotton. It's a keepsake calico from JoAnns.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates