Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Stockings Were Hung...


We do not have a fireplace, mantle, or any other large piece of furniture to hang our stockings from, so this fall I was on a hunt to find a shelf with hooks that I could use year round but would be perfect for stockings. I found one at a craft show in early December, and after much debate about it's permanent location, it was hung. It wasn't until Christmas Day that I actually got around to making a piece of framed art to set on the shelf! :)
I used Embird Alphabet #38 for the text and took the stockings from an Embroidery Library design.
(As a side note, the stockings were made by my MIL. She knitted them first, then added the embroidery designs from Designs Sew Fine. The amazing thing is that she made mine and Carlin's first, then a few years later made Annaliese's in 2004, then made Dashiell's in 2010. Cool, huh? I love them!)

0 comments on "The Stockings Were Hung..."

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates