Monday, July 4, 2011

Mini-version of a USA dress


As Annaliese was getting dressed this morning (trying to be as patriotic as possible) she discovered that Anna, her American Girl doll, didn't have a single red item in her wardrobe. Apparently blue jeans and a white shirt with a peachy-red watermelon just wasn't going to cut it, so I had to think fast.
The handful of you that have been around since the very beginning of Stitched by Janay might remember the USA pillowcase halter top dress I made for Annaliese FOUR years ago, when she was just three years old. Well, believe it or not, that dress still fits, but as a top now. And thankfully I have held on to the scraps of that material, so I was able to very quickly whip out a mini version of it for Anna.
But guess what. It didn't have "USA" on the bottom. Could that be fixed?? Sigh, the things we do for this girl and her doll...
I did a quick Google search to see if the font Lyndsie used for the applique alphabet happened to be a free ttf we could download. I found Salute Stars and asked Grandma Kathy if she had time for a quick favor for her favorite granddaughter. Kathy digitized it and emailed me the file. What a perfect little mini-version of the dress! I'm pretty pleased with our spur of the moment efforts. :)

0 comments on "Mini-version of a USA dress"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates