Friday, July 29, 2011

Kindergarten Rocks! (Take 2)


Within about an hour of posting pictures of Presley's Kindergarten Rocks shirt, Kelli send me a message saying she just might need to order one for her daughter starting kindergarten in the fall. :)
If you recall my story for making Presley's, that all happened fast -- saw image, they liked it, emailed EB to see if I could test it, got design and stitched next day. What I hadn't thought through when I offered it to Nicole was the stitch count, which was HIGH. On my single needle it took me over an hour to do that design. So I proposed to Kelli a different version which would stitch quicker for me and be cheaper for her. :) I really like how it turned out!
The original "Kindergarten ROCKS" design is from Embroidery Boutique. I used the stars and the word Kindergarten, but swapped out the applique word. Instead I used the zig zag version of EB's Cade Applique Alphabet (with EB's blessing). Little Miss Rachel will be starting school this fall at the American School of Warsaw (her daddy is stationed in Poland). Their school colors are red and blue, so we went with a patriotic color scheme. I love how it turned out and think it will be adorable paired with a denim skirt!
Ok, I have two more Kindergarten Rocks shirts to do for little friends, and then that's all I can do for this school year! I can't believe how many requests I've gotten from folks who have stumbled upon my blog or Facebook page. It has been so hard to turn down business, but I am closed to new orders until Sept 1. I'm taking August off for travel, personal projects, design testing, and to avoid unnecessary stress as the school year begins. Thanks for understanding! If you've got projects for fall, or dare I say it, Christmas?? Feel free to contact me in September!

5 comments on "Kindergarten Rocks! (Take 2)"

Jacquie on July 29, 2011 at 9:36 AM said...

I picked up this design on your recommendation. It is so cute. Got it for my 2nd grader and my neice's little pre-schooler. Maybe EB will do an easier version. I know how some designs can really take a long time.

I like both your shirts.

Janay on July 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM said...

Jacquie, the original version is precious and stitches perfectly, definitely worth the effort. BUT I needed a cheaper option for customers. :)
I grabbed several of the other designs for future use, too. Might use the 2nd grade for Annaliese, although she said, "But I don't know for sure what second grade will be like, so maybe not." HA! I guess she wants to be sure it actually rocks before wearing a shirt that says so. :)

Daisha on July 29, 2011 at 12:26 PM said...

This is great! Rachel will look so cute in this!
-Daisha

Kelli on July 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM said...

i am definitely an impulse buyer when it comes to your work. ;) i can't wait to see Rachel wearing this on the first day of K! thanks again!

Janay on July 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM said...

Kelli, I don't usually encourage impulse shopping but in this case... :)
I'm anxious to see pictures!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates