Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kitchen Towels for the Bride and Groom


A friend has two weddings to attend this fall and wanted my help in creating a gift. She had seen some bath hand towels which became the inspiration for my take on these Mr and Mrs kitchen towels:
 I picked applique designs because, well, you know, I LOVE applique. That and I already had these designs! I've used GG's Bow Tie/Tuxedo design before on a black onesie. I did do a bit of editing on the design so I could use a different color for the crease stitches inside the bow.
The Necklace applique is from Lynnie Pinnie. I've owned this one for a while, but this is the first time I've used it. (I think it would look adorable along the neckline of a white onesie with a tutu for a baby girl, right?!?) Initially I regretted my choice because there are a lot of tiny little circles to trim out! But then when it was done, I decided it was totally worth the effort! It turned out especially pretty with the shimmery fairy frost fabric as the pearls.
UPDATED TO ADD:
Two years later, Sabrina asked for another set, this time for her sister!

1 comments on "Kitchen Towels for the Bride and Groom"

Anonymous said...

What a great use of those designs! Totally cute!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates