Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ribbon Flower


If you follow me on Facebook, you know of Applique Corner's recent promotion to get to 1000 fans, which resulted in a sale and some penny designs. Woo-hoo! One of the designs on sale is the Ribbon Flower, which I think looks beautiful and intriguing. So as soon as I got my son down for a nap after church today, I ran to my embroidery machine to give it a whirl. No real project in mind, so I put it on a kitchen towel for myself.
 I used the 4x4 design. It stitches very quickly, the time factor is twisting and positioning the ribbon. But that wasn't really a big deal. I tried very hard not to be precise about it. :) I like the way that it turned out. However I think it would look even better if I'd used wider ribbon (just picked satin ribbon from my stash that matches my kitchen). If you check out the sample picture on her site, you'll see what I mean. It might even look cool tacking down one wide ribbon, and then a narrow on top! Or two colors twisted together? Hmmmm... no time to try that today, I have a special birthday shirt to work on!
Ok, love it?? I'm pretty sure the design is 50% off until midnight tonight (7/10/11) so go snag it at Applique Corner!

0 comments on "Ribbon Flower"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates