Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Attire


I scaled back my applique work a lot this last fall and didn't make very many Christmas shirts at all. Since the shirts I made my kids last year still fit (woo-hoo!) I used my new nieces as guinea pigs when testing these cute designs for a couple digitizers.
I didn't have any long sleeved onesies in Gabriella's size in my stash, and couldn't find a white one in stores, so I grabbed this thermal one, not exactly sure what I was going to put on it. Imagine my delight when this design appeared in my inbox!! I immediately knew the onesie was a perfect canvas!
The Gingerbread Girl design is from Lynnie Pinnie and I used Mandi from 8CP to add her name. Perfection!
When I had the opportunity to test this sweet reindeer, I thought it would look so cute on a onesie!
The Resting Reindeer is from East Coast Applique and I used Kristen from 8CP to add her name.
Now for the bow... the pink premade bow in my stash didn't match the bright pink I used for her nose and name. But I had a scrap (and I mean scrap!) of ribbon that was the perfect color. I searched for a scrap of green ribbon to tie the knot and didn't have anything quite right. So thread came to the rescue! I used the button stitch on my machine (several times) to tack down the bow. I thought it turned out cute!
Since Gabriella got a bonus item earlier in the fall, It was Ailynn's turn to get a little something extra. :) I have had this sweet double ruffle tiny tee in my stash for a long time and finally had the perfect design and recipient for it!
I used LP's Crafty Heart Applique Frame and added her initial with 8CP's Haily font.  I love having over 600 fonts to choose from! I was able to find an A that had a swirl to match the frame and was shaped just right to fit in the asymmetrical heart!

1 comments on "Holiday Attire"

daniKate designs on December 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM said...

I love, love, LOVE that little gingerbread girl onesie! The applique and colors and the thermal print are so perfect and super cute together.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates