Saturday, December 1, 2012

Monogrammed Gift for Isabella


My husband asked me to make a gift for a friend of his who is a brand new dad. I haven't met the mommy, so I used it as an opportunity to try some new fonts and new fabrics I've been anxious to use. Personalized baby gifts for little girls are always fun!
BUT... Honestly "I" names can be tricky! I scrolled through at least 2 sites worth of applique alphabets to find a pretty applique "I", and selected 8CP's Curlz Two Applique Alphabet. While the applique version of the font is relatively new (not on CD) the satin stitch version Court Jester has been around, I just haven't put it to use until now!
I'm also super excited that 8CP has just released an applique version of their Mandi font so I used it, too. But in this case I used the lower case "i" for her name because, well, it's cute with the heart!
YAY for chevrons!! ;)

2 comments on "Monogrammed Gift for Isabella"

Jacquie on December 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM said...

I am always amazed at how creative you are. Great job!

Tiffany on December 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM said...

I LOVE the burp cloth. That looks super high-end, fancy-pants designer label good!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates