Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My quick stitch version of an applique font


Over a month ago I used a new applique alphabet from Lynnie Pinnie and completely forgot to share my project with you! She released the Stitchy Applique font, which has a hand stitched look around the edges. It's designed in such a way that you should leave a little extra fabric around the tackdown since it isn't finished with a satin stitch. I was excited to put it to use!
Even using the smallest size of the font in my biggest hoop, I had to cram all the letters of Annaliese's name side by side. BUT IT FIT! :) However, there really wasn't enough space between letters to trim the fabric. So I tried a quick and easy way to applique names on these blankets! It was SUPER fast, you should give it a try!
Here's what I did:
I only ran the placement stitch for the first and last letter, and laid a big piece of green knit on top.
Then in matching thread I tacked down the first, middle and last letter. Truly just to tack it in place. Since I'm not trimming out each individual letter, I didn't bother tacking down everything. This was simply to save time.
Then I ran the final "stitchy" outline of the letters in a contrasting thread.
Finally I trimmed around the outside of their names, not worrying about in between letters and holes.
The kids loved having their Christmas blankets monogrammed. Aren't they so cute, sitting here all ready for Christmas??
I know, I know, you probably didn't even look at their monogrammed blankets. :)
I can claim the adorable kids, but their pajamas arrived courtesy of Grandma. She ordered the pjs and used LP's Peeking Santa Frame on them (with I2S's Barnyard Font for names). We are so blessed!

1 comments on "My quick stitch version of an applique font"

daniKate designs on December 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM said...

Love the way you used that font--very smart!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates