Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pefectly coordinated butterfly shirt


I must say I'm rather pleased with myself on this project. :)
Michelle brought me this cute skirt and a blank shirt. She asked if I could do an applique butterfly, and add Madison's name as though it was the flutter path.  Here's what I did:


The butterfly is from Designs by JuJu's Spring Fever Applique set, I simply used one fabric instead of two. I added the hearts to match the the skirt.
 Pretty decent match, huh??
A dotted or dashed alphabet would have been perfect for making the name look like a flutter path, but I'm not sure that actually exists in the size I needed. So for the first time I experimented with using one of my Embird Alphabets in Studio to create outline text and converted it to a redwork design. I look forward to experimenting with this more in the future. I love projects that encourage me stretch beyond what I already know!

1 comments on "Pefectly coordinated butterfly shirt"

Cole's Corner on November 8, 2010 at 12:09 PM said...

It's perfect! I love it.... and I'm not a huge fan of butterflies.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates