Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hanging Hearts Decor


A few weeks back the SWAK Embroidery newsletter spotlighted some cute Hearts of Faith pillow designs. When I saw the picture of the pillows hanging on a shelf with hooks, I thought of my new shelf and how bare it was going to look when I took down our stockings. Fast forward to this week when I had the opportunity to test stitch some lovely heart frame designs from 8 Claws and a Paw... I knew exactly what I wanted to create!
Each of the hearts pillows features a different frame design.
Valentine Heart Frame 2:
Valentine Heart Frame 4:
Valentine Heart Frame 5:
(I got carried away on one of them and forgot to take a picture of Valentine Heart Frame 3 before adding text and finishing the pillow, oops!)


Before starting these designs, I opened them in Embird Studio and created a heart-shaped running stitch around the frame, as well as tackdown stitches for the ribbon. After I embroidered the frame, I added the text (using Embird alphabet #38), tacked down the ribbon, then tacked down the backing material face down on top of the whole thing. Took it out of the hoop, trimmed around the edges, inverted, stuffed, and hand stitched up the hole (which is actually a challenge when the shape is curved... new strategy needed next time). Here are close-ups of each heart.




I'm pleased with how they turned out considering they were completed in a little over 24 hours after initially seeing the designs! I look forward to making more hanging decorations throughout the year!!

0 comments on "Hanging Hearts Decor"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates