Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cool pencil bag


I was a good little mommy and bought all my daughter's school supplies during FL's tax-free weekend. But at orientation the Friday before school we learned there was one item left off the supply list -- a pencil bag to go in a 3-ring binder. Eh, it could be worse. :)
So the Sunday before school started I actually braved Walmart at 12:30pm. Annaliese and I darted in hand-in-hand to get to the school supply aisle and get out. She had picked green (her new favorite color?!?) for all of her supplies and really wanted a green bag. I warned her ahead of time that it may be slim pickin's at this point and she couldn't be choosy. We saw one bag that had robots on it (uh, no) and headed to another aisle. I saw some white bags and figured that would have to do, and then noticed it said, "Color Me In".
I thought, "oh cool, grab a green sharpie and she can make it match. THEN I looked at it up close...
and exclaimed, "Annaliese! You can pick green fabric, I can monogram it and slip it in!!"
That sealed the deal so we grabbed one and headed for the registers. Here's where the real miracle occurred... the very first express lane had no line and we walked right up to check out. :)

Annaliese picked the fabric, and I created the monogram. I used the new Riddles font from 8 Claws and a Paw. I thought this was a good solution to get a very long name to fill the vertical space.
I slid the piece of fabric in between the two layers of clear vinyl:
 And Voila! A monogrammed pencil pouch with no funky hooping. Cool, huh?


1 comments on "Cool pencil bag"

Sassy & Chic Embroidery on August 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM said...

Love it! i now must run out and get one for my DD chloe who has already been in school 2 weeks and had to settle on a less than likeable pencil pouch since the were all out! Can't wait to see if my target has any!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates