Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My first wristlet!


Having a 6x10 hoop has now thrown open the door to in-hoop designs. I know several exist for the 5x7 hoop, but I have done my best to ignore them thus far. But Embroidery Garden released a cute new Owl Wristlet last week that I just had to try. :)
This was made completely in my embroidery machine (with the exception of one small opening I had to whip stitch shut by hand). It has a zipper, and is completely lined with no exposed seams.
 Reen is a genius to figure out how to create the embroidery file to do this, and her directions were flawless!  I'm pleased with my first attempt at these little bags, and see more in my future. Especially since I know Annaliese will want one as soon as she sees it after school. :)

4 comments on "My first wristlet!"

Cindy's Custom Creations on August 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM said...

I love Reen's designs and need to purchase one of her new ones that has the fully enclosed seams in the lining. Your owl bag turned out cute!

Kathy E. on February 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM said...

Janay, I'm new to ITH projects and wonder if you use embroidery thread and embroidery needles for the full project. I would think we could use regular sewing thread and needles for the structural part, but then need to change to the finer (and more expensive) thread for the designs. Do you switch these, or use the same throughout?

Janay on February 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM said...

Rae, I use embroidery thread and needles for the whole thing. Frankly the amount thread consumption on the straight stitching parts is minimal, so I don't think it's worth the time switching. Honestly, I have never considered using anything else before!

Kathy E. on February 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM said...

Thank you, Janay, for your quick response! If that's what you do, that's what I'll do! I was just thinking that some ITH designs (like the zippered pouches or luggage tags or even stuffed toys) may need sturdier thread than what the embroidery thread offers.

Thanks again!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates