Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ready for Preschool!


Yesterday was Dashiell's first day of preschool!
As I was stitching Annaliese's back-to-school shirt, I received a design to test for 8 Claws and a Paw Embroidery. When I took a peek, it dawned on me that I hadn't given a single thought to poor Dashiell and what he would wear on his first day of preschool! I'm so thankful that this design was a PERFECT solution, and got it done the next day!
The Crayon Trio applique design and the Skinny font (which I used to add his initials) are both from 8 Claws and a Paw. Actually, I think the font is included with the design purchase, bonus!
The best part was when I showed it to him. He immediately hugged it and exclaimed, "You made this for me?!?" I then asked what was on his shirt and he said, "Red, Blue Green! D, V, T! 1, 2, 3! 3 Crayons!" I think he'll do pretty well in preschool. ;)

Like Annaliese, Dashiell had a few school supplies to take with him on his first day, so Ms Martha needed a monogrammed shopping bag, too. :)
I used the Taylor font from Lynnie Pinnie.
 Dashiell will be attending our church's preschool two mornings a week. I will be aiding one of those days, so don't expect my monogramming volume to increase; 2.5 hours of alone time once a week doesn't really amount to too much... but I am looking forward to it! :)

And hey, 8 Claws and a Paw has released a lot of new applique designs recently -- go check them out!

1 comments on "Ready for Preschool!"

Jacquie on August 24, 2011 at 1:17 PM said...

I can't believe he is that old. He looks so cute and grown up. Cute shirt and I like the bag. I wish we had some like that here. Good job and have fun working in the classroom.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates