Saturday, August 6, 2011

My first 6x10 design!!!


Yippee! I'm getting a hand-me-down Brother embroidery machine that has a 6x10 stitch field!!
Before moving this machine to my sewing area, I wanted to do some projects with my MIL nearby for some hands on training. OF COURSE my first project needed to use the big hoop. :) I wanted something that would be quick and easy, so I put Applique Momma's Horse (which I recently picked up on sale) on a shirt for Annaliese. This was definitely a joint project -- Kathy supplied the shirts, fabric, thread, stabilizers and machine. It was convenient "shopping" in her studio. I just did the work. :)
I used the largest size of the horse on Annaliese's shirt... just because I could!
Notice that Anna has a matching shirt? Grandma Kathy has a stash of American Girl sized shirts that Annaliese doesn't know about. They should develop a nice matching wardrobe in the months to come. I started with the 4x4 size, shrunk it down and changed the pull compensation a bit. It worked well!

Ok, enough blogging. I need to go work on another project!

0 comments on "My first 6x10 design!!!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates