Friday, August 5, 2011

Welcome, Baby James!


A dear friend of ours recently had a baby boy, so Valerie and I sent this gift to Jenny:
I loved the little set I made for Brooks a couple months ago, so I decided to do something similar again, this time using my new Riley Blake striped fabric. The applique Circle Monogram Alpha is from Planet Applique:
The Neck Tie Applique from GG Designs. (The monogram was a freebie on Sew Forum several years ago, but is no longer available.)
The bottle applique design is one I tested for 8 Claws and a Paw. I know this is probably a shocker -- I didn't add any custom text to it! :) I liked the simplicity of the design just the way it is.
And finally, a little something that Daddy will be proud to carry:
Though I have done it in the past, I have recently decided not to stitch NCAA and professional sports teams names/slogans. I've read enough accounts of other embroiderers getting "cease and desist" letters -- it is just not worth the risk. I can't afford the big bucks to be licensed for every team out there. So for this burp cloth, I just stuck with our Alma Mater's school colors: Orange and Blue!! However, now that Jenny is living in the south, this might be mistaken for Auburn. Since this was a gift, I used some licensed Illinois ribbon (thanks Kathy!) to be sure the proper sports team was identified. :) The applique football design is from 8CP , and I added the text with Embird Alphabet #8. Go Illini!!

0 comments on "Welcome, Baby James!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates