Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nerdy Ribbon Blanket, take 2!


When big brother Torin was born, I made a special one-of-a-kind superhero ribbon blanket for him. Now two years later little brother Nolan has arrived and needs his own special one-of-a-kind superhero ribbon blanket!
You've seen these designs already -- after digitizing them I first stitched them on some burp cloths that I sent to Jason and Anna before Nolan's birth.  I ran out of time to get the blanket made before he was born, and now over a month later it's done!
I used flannel for the front - I almost leaped with joy when I finally found gray flannel locally! :) I used white minkee on the back:
Here are close-ups of the applique designs. These are actually a bit bigger than the designs I did on the burp cloths, which made them easier to trim out.



I would love to see the boys together with their blankets, but alas, they live hundreds and hundreds of miles away, so I'll have to wait for a picture. :)

2 comments on "Nerdy Ribbon Blanket, take 2!"

Anonymous said...

We will get pictures soon. It has been rainy and blah here.

Tiffany on April 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM said...

Hahahaha! That is too awesome!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates