Monday, April 11, 2011

Party Favors!


For Annaliese's birthday I took her and two buddies to Lizette's Great Beadginnings for a beading class. As a party favor I made these cute drawstring bags for them to keep their new jewelry in:
Now, drawstring bags aren't all that complicated to make. But before spending brain power thinking about how to construct one, I decided to do a quick google search to see if there was a free tutorial out there. I found one that was AWESOME! Go check out this step-by-step tutorial (including great pictures) by Chica and Jo. I followed it exactly and love how they turned out.
I used Embroidery Boutique's "Got Beads?" design for the bead frame, but omitted the text and added their names instead with Embird Alphabet #38. Annaliese really wanted me to use variegated thread. I had tons of purple, and thankfully I had *just* enough of the pink and blue left to do it! It's hard to tell in these pictures, but the lime green fabric is sparkly, so these are extra pretty. :)


Here's a picture of their girls wearing their new necklaces and showing off their bags! (You can read more about Annaliese's shirt here and Kylie's shirt here.)

1 comments on "Party Favors!"

FirstCommunionSupplies on April 12, 2011 at 2:29 AM said...

Cute party favors! Embroidered names and pouches! So pretty, I want to make these for 1st holy communion gifts.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates