Wednesday, August 19, 2009

JR's backpack


When Daisha updated their family blog with pictures of JR's first day of school, I realized I had never posted a picture of the patch I had stitched for her.

Now, JR is not starting kindergarten like Annaliese. He's pursuing a Masters of Divinity at Harding Graduate School of Religion. As a surprise gift, Daisha asked me to make a big patch that she would later attach on whatever backpack he picked. Here's what I stitched, per her request, knowing that JR would LOVE it. (I bought a new alphabet for the occasion, this is Embird Alphabet #30.)

If you'd like to know more about the statement, check out JR's blog, Keep Thou My Feet, I'm not getting into a theological debate here. :) Although I will say that Annaliese kept asking me what it said and what it meant -- she just didn't get it. Daisha and I both reassured her that JR loves Jesus. You know, it's like the song, "Oh, how I love Jesus, because he first loved me!"

Here's a picture of the patch now in place on JR's bag:

1 comments on "JR's backpack"

Daisha on August 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM said...

I keep forgetting to ask him if his patch has prompted discussion. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates