Friday, August 14, 2009

A Project Five Years in the Making


Well, really it only took me two hours from start (idea) to finish (shirt). But the reason for this shirt has been five years in the making...

Today my daughter got her long hair cut off for the first time, and donated it to Locks of Love. I stitched this shirt for her to commemorate the event!

The applique numbers are from GG Designs' Chubby Wubby Applique Numbers. I love this sequins material -- isn't it neat?!? (Thanks to Kathy, I have it in about 15 different colors.) The Locks of Love Logo uses the font "First Grader", so I asked Kathy to digitize the text for me (I did the little heart in Love).

And now what you really care about...
BEFORE


AFTER

4 comments on "A Project Five Years in the Making"

Cole's Corner on August 15, 2009 at 7:41 PM said...

She looks so much more grown up with all her hair cut off.

Tiffany on August 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM said...

What a wonderful and generous thing to do! You are so blessed to have a daughter with such a heart for others. I'm really proud of you, Analiese!

(And I agree -- her new look is absolutely adorable!)

Daisha on August 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM said...

OH, wow! What a cool thing to do. (And I bet you'll save a ton on Shampoo.)

Her new "do" is cute.
Daisha

The Davis Family on September 3, 2009 at 8:25 PM said...

Oh my goodness!!! Her haircut is so cute. I can't believe her hair is all gone though. That is such a great gift.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates