Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gifts for Baby Kate


Today there was a baby shower at church for a mom-to-be expecting a baby girl. Michelle requested these two items as her gift:

She picked the monograms she wanted me to use, but let me pick the colors. We make a nice team. :) For the burp cloth I used Five Star Font's Scrappy Applique for the monogram, and "kate" is stitched using FSF's stacking alphabet from Diploma~Graduation Monogram. I had fun picking fabrics from my stash to match this ribbon. (Quick side bar, I've mentioned that I have a hard time photographing reds, well, I've decided I need a new camera. These colors match better in person.)

We used the same color scheme for the bib, but a different monogram. This one is the Flower Power monogram from Julia's Needle Design, with Embird Alphabet #38 stacked on top.

This is the gift set I took to the shower:

The "K" is from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet, and "kate" is stitched with 8 Claws and a Paw's Jester Alphabet.

1 comments on "Gifts for Baby Kate"

Tiffany on August 3, 2009 at 1:31 PM said...

You and I have such similar ribbon tastes. I often recognize ones that are my own personal favorites, too! I love the purple and green ribbon you used on the burp cloth -- I bought some a few weeks ago and used it so quickly with my own sewing projects that I went back last week and bought four more spools of it. I love the way you matched the big letter K to it - it looks fantastic!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates