Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School


Today is Annaliese's first day of Kindergarten! She is so excited!!

Annaliese received some back to school clothing items from her grandmothers (which I'll post pictures of later this week on our family blog). And in the end, I'm pretty sure that Annaliese will prefer those items. But I really wanted her first day of school shirt to be made by me! :)
Back in the fall when I bought the designs for Annaliese's NOEL shirt and FARM shirt from Sew Many Designs, I also bought this SCHOOL design. Kathy helped me out by digitizing the rest of the text using the font First Grader.

I picked a light brown heather shirt from my stash and brown thread to match a skirt she already had.

I know it may seem like a lot of work for something dated, but I'm sure she'll wear it more than just today (she wore her First Airplane Trip shirt a ton). AND I know eventually her shirts will be put into a quilt, so I like having it dated for that reason. Not that I have to justify myself to you. Just explaining my thinking. :)

Now I'm off to boo-hoo with some friends.

3 comments on "First Day of School"

Cole's Corner on August 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM said...

It is sad when your first baby goes to school. My sister in law and I always used to get together and have donuts.

She looks adorable!
Hope she has a great first day.

JennBrenn on August 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM said...

Yeah, I have been checking the blog because I couldn't wait to see what she was wearing to school. Great job. It is really cute. Enjoy it with her because Dashiell may not be as interested in all the embroidering :-)

Tiffany on August 24, 2009 at 11:57 AM said...

I hope you BOTH have a good day today! She looks adorable.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates