Monday, May 13, 2013

Vroom Vroom!


This is a project that I'd call "simply providential" (recently watched Anne of Green Gables with my girl, hee hee).

I love being a design tester for Lynnie Pinnie! When new designs appear in my inbox my head starts swimming with ideas. As soon as I saw this Cars on the Road design, I couldn't wait to check my flannel stash, I was just sure I had something that coordinated beautifully! (It had been sitting there since 2006 waiting for this day.) At about the same time I learned that my expectant nephew was going to be given two middle names, so I was already brainstorming ways to use four initials. And as an extra bonus, my maiden name is Carr. :)
A perfect project was born!!
 I used the 6x10 size and put it in the corner of the light blue cotton print. Dashiell helped me pick the fabric scraps from my stash to match the flannel--3 of the 4 already had HNBL on them! Woo-hoo! To add his initials, I used the Appliance Font from Jolson's Tiny Fonts set. I'm so pleased how this turned out!!

Prior to making the blanket, I tested the 4x4 version of the design on a tote bag. It only has 3 vehicles, which was perfect for monogramming for my son's friend, filling with Hot Wheels, and taking to a birthday party. :)

1 comments on "Vroom Vroom!"

Daisha on May 14, 2013 at 4:44 AM said...

I really like that! What a cute design. And the fabric you picked to coordinate is perfect!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates